Become a Member
As you can see from the images above the De Soto National Memorial park is a beautiful place. It’s a neighborhood park where you can walk your dog, have a family picnic and learn about the local history. In addition to that here are few examples of the educational programs and conservation efforts available at the De Soto National Memorial:
- Boardwalks and trails that identify environmentally sensitive mangrove forests and native species of plantings and trees.
- A visitor center and museum that explains the history of the De Soto expedition, including its impact on native people.
- Park ranger visits to classrooms that provide historical and environmental education to students at neighboring schools.
- Kayak paddling through history — opportunities that allow exploration of the waters surrounding the park.
The Friends of De Soto National Memorial, a nonprofit volunteer-run organization, was created to support the conservation efforts and educational activities offered by the park. It receives no funding from the U.S. government, State of Florida, or Manatee County.
Through its membership fees, corporate donors, fund-raising events and memorial donations, the Friends provides financial support for special events, programs, and outreach. It also provides funds for tangible items such as new picnic tables, signage and riprap to protect trails and the shoreline.
Please consider joining the Friends this year. Various membership levels are available.
Our national park is an asset to our neighborhood, the city of Bradenton and Manatee County. It draws visitors from all over the United States and the world. Please help the Friends of De Soto National Memorial to support its mission. We cannot do it without you!
Friends of DeSoto National Memorial, Inc, is a non-profit organization granted tax-exempt status pursuant to Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code (ID #26-1734113) and is registered as a charitable organization with the Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services (Registration #CH31582)
(We are writing the next paragraph in capital letters because we think it makes lawyers happy.)
A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE (800-4357352) WITHIN THE STATE. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.
We offer the following memberships:
A personal membership only $25/yr
A family membership only $40/yr
For Seniors 65+ only $20/yr
You can view our memberships and events in our online store.
- Enjoy discounts on FOD events
- exclusive invitations to members only events.
- Our Newsletter “Nota De Soto” emailed to you.
- A warm fuzzy feeling, knowing that your membership benefits the DeSoto national memorial.
- Tax deductible FOD is a 501c(3) nonprofit organization.